For professional service firms, cloud computing or software as a service (SaaS) is becoming more and more of a norm. For good reason, more companies are adopting SaaS as a new way to make ends meet for their technology needs. Here are the three top reasons companies are choosing SaaS over on-premises options:
- Affordability – SaaS converts a previously large expense into a small and affordable monthly payment. This type of payment is similar to paying the electricity bill and allows for more cash flow, especially in smaller organizations.
- Flexibility – Technology is changing at a rapid pace and has been for years. By adopting SaaS, companies don’t have to worry about going out of date in terms of their software. Because online services are well-run through the cloud, companies can benefit from regular and automatic updates.
- Simplicity – If you’ve gone through the process of purchasing software on-premises, you know the headaches that come with proper licensing, customizations, training, and so on. Most SaaS solutions are a breeze to get set up and rolling so companies can continue business as usual without having to worry about downtime.
As you can see, the overall benefits of SaaS can really help improve your bottom line and increase efficiency across your organization. A good example of this is SAP Business ByDesign. This on-demand product provides role tailored capabilities and connects your project management department with your accounting professionals to ensure proper workflow and accurate forecasts of your financial data. It meets the requirements of the top three benefits listed above in the following ways:
- Affordability – SAP Business ByDesign is offered through a monthly subscription with no hidden costs. The deliverables are clearly defined so what you see is what you get.
- Flexibility – SAP Business ByDesign is a full suite of products, including CRM, core financials, analytical tools, fixed assets, project management, resource planning and human resources. Customers can purchase the solution and turn on/off what they want/need throughout their subscription period. Regular updates have been made about every six months and the last round of upgrades finished out the professional services capabilities. Remote access is also available to users through mobile devices, allowing for real-time and any-time access. If you have a lot of remote employees, SAP Business ByDesign is especially beneficial and flexible to your needs.
- Simplicity – SAP Business ByDesign is quick and simple to implement, helping your company get up and running smoothly. Because SAP Business ByDesign is browser based and extremely intuitive, training in your employees takes much less time. The training is available online, so is especially easy to access when adding on new employees or when trying to time around people’s busy schedules.
SAP Business ByDesign is also role-based. So for example, a project manager would have access to information pertaining to their projects while the warehouse would have insight into inventory, orders, and shipping.
SAP Business ByDesign is one of the few SaaS products out there that can do it all. It can really help create a complete picture for your company and ensures proper communications between departments. Let’s take a look at how it connects project managers and accounting…
SAP Business ByDesign Speaks to Project Managers: Project managers need to see at a glance how their projects are going at any given time. They need insight to billing time and project deliverables expected of them every day. With SAP Business ByDesign, project managers can see real-time snapshots of their specific projects, including billable time, cost allocations, labor resources, time and expense transactions, approvals, outstanding alerts, billing schedules, contracts and more. This allows project managers to notice whether they are behind on a project or if they don’t have resources to complete a certain project. This helps solve potential issues or even fix problems before they occur. SAP Business ByDesign is a flexible option for project managers and also meets the rigid needs of accounting . . .
SAP Business ByDesign Speaks to the Accounting Department: Most accounting solutions make accountants want to tear their hair out because nothing is truly integrated, meaning it’s not truly accurate. Instead of analyzing the numbers, they are wasting time adding in different components, cross referencing multiple reports, or double-checking their manual entries. SAP Business ByDesign is exciting because it provides robust back office reporting integrated with all front office procedures. SAP Business ByDesign allows accountants to see what their situation is on any given process. For example, if a client calls about a bill, they can easily drill down to time sheets associated, vendor invoices that came in, and how it relates to a project. SAP Business ByDesign gives accountants a 360-degree view of the customer and the project so they can quickly respond to inquiries and properly report on the company’s financial status.
The benefits listed above are opinions based from our experience here at Sikich. Our SAP Business ByDesign product experts have provided their feedback and knowledge to better inform our readers of the SaaS options available in the market. SAP Business ByDesign may not be for all companies. Contact us to learn more about efficient project management with SAP Business ByDesign.
Note: The inclusion of guest posts on the Panorama website does not imply endorsement of any specific product or service. Panorama is, and always will remain, completely independent and vendor-neutral.
If you are interested in guest blogging opportunities, click to read more about our submission guidelines.