Upgrading to NetSuite Cloud, Bonk Breaker, ElliptiGO and Hincapie Sportswear Gain Critical Scalability
NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that Bonk Breaker, a maker of specialized protein bars; ElliptiGO, the elliptical bicycle innovator; and Hincapie Sportswear, maker of custom made cycling apparel, are among the forward-thinking bicycle companies that are leveraging NetSuite’s integrated cloud business management solution to improve agility, gain a competitive advantage and fuel rapid growth. Transitioning from multiple on-premise ERP or entry-level desktop applications, these companies are now relying on NetSuite to expand their omnichannel B2B and B2C operations and run mission-critical business processes including financials,inventory management, fixed asset management and order management with one unified business management solution that doesn’t require huge upfront costs and IT staffing. As a result, these companies are accelerating order processing, managing inventory more precisely and driving new multichannel sales in the cloud.
Companies in the bicycle industry face challenges meeting new customer demand for a seamless customer experience that is delivered regardless of channel or device, while expanding their sales channels and simultaneously managing growth. NetSuite’s unified business management software suite gives businesses in the bicycle industry an end-to-end solution to run their business, while NetSuite SuiteCommerce enables B2C and B2B businesses to seamlessly connect every step of a multi-channel, multi-location business—from ecommerce, POS and order management to merchandising, marketing, inventory, financials and customer service.
NetSuite enables bicycle companies to streamline their businesses by:
- Providing a real-time, 360-degree view of the business by seamlessly integrating financials / ERP, CRM and ecommerce, thereby empowering businesses to manage their interactions directly with consumers, other businesses and trading partners.
- Improving supply chain operations with integrated inventory and order management, and building demand forecasts with real-time data, reducing excess inventory or the risk of stockouts.
- Allowing data to flow seamlessly to wholesale distributors and their trading partners, to ensure communication is in lockstep with the same data, audit trails and real-time accuracy at every stage.
- Sharing container, pallet, location, forecasting, scheduling and unit-level data with stakeholders, while collaborating on a common cloud platform.
- Managing all transactions and associated customer interactions regardless of touchpoint.
- In addition, NetSuite SuiteCommerce enables bicycle companies to offer an immersive and engaging online experience to drive sales and brand awareness with both B2C and B2B customers, while NetSuite’s CRM capabilities supplies a single, 360-degree view of all customer interactions to improve sales and service effectiveness.
“Riding a creaky old bicycle with a rusty chain and bad derailleur can be exhausting, and so is trying to grow a bicycle business with outdated on-premise applications held together by duct tape and cable ties,” said Ranga Bodla, NetSuite Wholesale Distribution Industry Lead. “It’s fantastic to see the rapid growth and breakthrough efficiency gains our bicycle industry customers have been able to achieve since moving to NetSuite.”
Bicycle industry manufacturers, distributors and retailers running their business on NetSuite gain the following features and benefits:
- Scalability to process more orders faster, readily accommodate new trading partners and customers, launch new products and expand sales across online, brick-and-mortar and call center channels.
- Flexibility to grow their business across dozens of countries around the world, while utilizing workflow-driven automation to achieve double-digit efficiency gains in order processing and financial reconciliations, often avoiding the cost of additional personnel otherwise required.
- Rich customizations, available through NetSuite’s extensive network of SuiteCloud Developer Network (SDN) partners, to tailor the solution to their unique business needs.
- Access to real-time data to generate detailed reports in minutes, rather than the many hours or even days required in the past, enabling bicycle companies to shift gears quickly to take advantage of emerging opportunities or address an issue before it cascades into a significant problem.
NetSuite will be available for meetings and offer solution demos at the Interbike Expo trade show on September 10-12 in Las Vegas, attracting more than 750 bicycle companies representing more than 1,200 brands. For further information on NetSuite in the bicycle industry, please visit www.netsuite.com/interbike.
Bonk Breaker, ElliptiGO and Hincapie Sportswear join the many other bicycle companies, including Nutcase, 100%, Optic Nerve, JayBird and SIDI America, who have transformed their businesses with NetSuite’s cloud business management suite.
NetSuite SuiteCommerce Helps Bonk Breaker Grow B2C and B2B Business
Bonk Breaker (www.bonkbreaker.com), a fast-growing maker of delicious, fresh and nutritious gluten- and dairy-free energy and protein bars, has experienced exponential growth since replacing QuickBooks, Excel for forecasting, and a Yahoo! webstore with NetSuite in July 2013. NetSuite has enabled the Santa Monica, Calif.-based company, the official energy bar of the IRONMAN triathlon and USA Cycling, to cut its order processing time in half while growing its B2C and B2B channels on NetSuite SuiteCommerce. Bonk Breaker utilizes NetSuite’s flexibility to expand its number of partner retail stores in the U.S. beyond 1,000, with an EDI solution from NetSuite partner SPS Commerce to streamline transactions with large retailers such as REI, Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods and Dick’s Sporting Goods, and grow its business in Canada, Europe, Australia and South Africa. Implemented and optimized by NetSuite partner Explore Consulting, NetSuite gives the Bonk Breaker sales team a single, unified record of all customer interactions, while the company is scaling up use of NetSuite Financial Planning for budgeting and forecasting.
“NetSuite has allowed us to bring our business to the next level in a short time and more importantly prepare us for a quantum leap in our growth,” said Chris Frank, Bonk Breaker Chairman and Co-CEO. “Previously we had to manually enter orders—with NetSuite, we can tie everything together in a single system and have seen a huge increase in efficiency.”
NetSuite Replaced Multiple Software Systems for ElliptiGO
ElliptiGO (www.elliptigo.com), innovator of the world’s first elliptical bicycle that combines the best aspects of running, cycling and the elliptical trainer in a low-impact, high-performance fitness device, has improved order processing efficiency by 75 percent since replacing a patchwork of QuickBooks, Excel and third-party shopping cart and content management systems in March 2013. Selected over Microsoft Dynamics GP, SAP Business ByDesign and Oracle, NetSuite gives ElliptiGO a scalable cloud solution for financials, inventory and order management, CRM and case management as it continues to grow its global business. By implementing NetSuite in its early stages, ElliptiGO avoided the high capital investments needed for on-premise systems and was able to channel limited resources into innovation, marketing, sales and customer service. Elimination of double data-entry across systems frees time to pursue sales leads, while the company has reduced its accounting costs and greatly improved the accuracy and timeliness of their financial reporting.
“One of the reasons we invested in NetSuite was to ensure we could grow significantly using the system. We take comfort in the fact that many NetSuite clients are $100 million companies, which is something we aspire to become,” said Bryan Pate, ElliptiGO Co-Founder and Co-President. “NetSuite is very easy to use and very scalable so we can add functionality as we grow.”
Hincapie Sportswear Gains Greater Agility to Achieve Growth Objectives
Hincapie Sportswear (www.hincapiesports.com), a maker of custom-made cycling jerseys and premium cycling apparel sold across 20 countries, implemented NetSuite in December 2013 to better support its 50 percent annual revenue growth in recent years, which was outstripping the capabilities of its previous Everest ERP system. With NetSuite, the Greenville, S.C.-based company also eliminated SAP Crystal Reports and use of a costly third-party consultant to run reports. Selected over Microsoft Dynamics GP and Simparel, NetSuite enables Hincapie to streamline transactions with its family-owned factory in Colombia, as well as 300 retail partners, including Sports Basement, TriSports and Backcountry.com. Greater agility with NetSuite positions Hincapie to meet its goal to further grow its premium custom cycling apparel business, accounting for 75 percent of revenue through sales to about 1,000 cycling teams, clubs and corporate customers. NetSuite’s web shopping cart functionality processes ecommerce transactions, while NetSuite inventory management integrates with the webstore to supply real-time stock data and NetSuite’s CRM capabilities support a growing inside sales team.
“Biannual seasonal reporting used to take three days in Everest, and with NetSuite we have it set up to run automatically—it’s a huge time savings,” said Drew France, Hincapie Custom Program Director. “NetSuite gives us so much more flexibility—it’s easy to customize NetSuite, whereas with Everest we were stuck with the way the software was built.”