Global Deployment of Infor SyteLine to Help Standardize Processes, Consolidate Information and Enhance Business Planning
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Angus Fire, a manufacturer of fire protection products such as fire hoses, pumps, extinguishers and fire fighting foam, has selected Infor SyteLine to support its global operations. Infor SyteLine will be deployed in its US operation first (National Foam Inc), followed by the UK and France (Eau et Feu). By standardizing on a common platform, Angus Fire anticipates improved visibility, greater productivity and cost savings.
- Following a Management Buyout (MBO) in 2013, the company required a common ERP system for its operations in the UK, US and France.
- While the UK and France had already used an earlier version of Infor SyteLine for 15 years, customization had restricted capabilities in certain areas as the company expanded, making upgrading difficult. The US operation was running JD Edwards.
- As part of their two-year strategic plan, the US is expected to go live with Infor SyteLine in March 2014, followed by the UK, then France.
- Through adopting a common ERP platform Angus Fire expects to gain greater insight into the business, reduce costs, and improve management reporting.
- By implementing the latest version of SyteLine, Angus Fire is expected to benefit from integrated quote-to-order processes; improved productivity; higher service levels and greater profitability.
- Angus Fire selected Infor SyteLine based on proven performance, a strong relationship with the Infor team, and the fast timescales facilitated by Infor’s Fast Track program.
Angus Fire Quote
“Following the MBO in June 2013, we needed to ensure that we evaluated all areas of the business to ensure we were in the best position to capitalize on growth,” said Paul Williams, chief executive officer, Angus Fire. “We recognized that disparate ERP systems would hamper this goal, and based on the proven capabilities of Infor SyteLine in our UK and French operations, we decided to standardize on the application globally. As the project is rolled out we anticipate tighter processes, greater visibility and ultimately a better service to our customers.”
“Manufacturers need to be equipped with the right processes and software to capitalize on opportunities and exploit growth,” said Mark Humphlett, industrial manufacturing industry director, Infor. “An MBO comes with significant pressure to deliver against objectives and demonstrate value to investors, and through standardizing on Infor SyteLine globally, Angus Fire is well positioned to achieve this, running the business with greater insight and foresight.”