World Leader in Air Transport Delivers Test Flight Performance Data in Real-Time
- To improve time-to-market for new aircraft, Airbus, a world leader in the civil air transport industry, deployed Oracle Secure Global Desktop to provide secure, real-time access to its test flight performance data, as part of its telemetry applications and flight testing processes.
- With an increasingly dispersed workforce across sixteen sites around Europe and a global supply chain network spanning 30 countries, Airbus needed a secure, scalable, and flexible remote access solution for its centralized telemetry applications.
- Airbus’ telemetry applications provide real-time information about status, and pertinent values of physical or avionic parameters, allowing critical flight data from a test flight maneuver to be evaluated in as fast as milliseconds.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop enabled Airbus aircraft designers, structural engineers, and other essential staff to access test data from server-hosted environments via a Web browser, allowing Airbus experts to provide nearly instant feedback from their off-site locations and reduce test-flight cycles.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop allows Airbus to provide access to its real-time telemetry applications using a standard corporate PC, providing a single-pane view for both highly specialized UNIX applications and standard corporate Windows tools such as office productivity suites.
- Prior to implementing Oracle Secure Global Desktop, technical teams needed to travel to the company’s center in Toulouse, France to be on hand for aircraft testing in order to immediately evaluate test results. Removing this travel requirement has saved significant time and cost.
- Enabling selected aircraft part manufacturers to access live testing data for their components allowed them to provide immediate feedback and rapidly rectify issues.
- Secure remote access with Oracle Secure Global Desktop has also helped Airbus accelerate compliance with global aviation regulations, reduce time spent on aircraft preparation, and complete tests required by potential customers more quickly.
- In addition, by keeping the critical data centralized, Oracle Secure Global Desktop eliminated the need to manually transfer sensitive flight test results to outside locations, reducing the risk of security breaches.
- Airbus will be presenting at Oracle OpenWorld: Implementing Secure Access to Oracle Applications and Critical Data (CON9547), on Tuesday, September 24, 2013.
- “We needed a solution that gave our teams across Europe, and our key suppliers, secure access to real-time data and allowed them to collaborate in order to reduce time to market for new aircrafts,” said Ghislain Banville, IT architect, Flight Test Data Equipment, Airbus. “Oracle Secure Global Desktop enables us to provide aircraft test flight results in real-time and deliver secure access to the data from standard corporate PCs, regardless of location or client platform, which has resulted in increased productivity and cost savings.”